Welcome your 2018 - the Year of Adventure - with a Photo Workshop hosted by Monika Broz, the expert New York photographer, now local to Krakow!
This theoretical + hands-on experience is designed to take your photo-creating skills to new heights, in a festive, relaxed and inspired atmosphere. Cool secrets and tricks of the trade + tons of an insider’s knowledge on how to infuse that magical ‘wow’ factor in your photos will be shared, so you can put it into practice asap.
And all that fun while sipping Naughty Hot Chocolate, and Spiked Tea!
(This workshop is best suited for passionate amateurs that want to capture people, pets, places, moments, and even self-portraits like a PRO)
Our delightful and productive day will consist of:
1. TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW TUTORIAL: To guide you in unlocking the full potential of the fantastic technology at our fingertips
-> De-mystifying the camera basics- (a la manual mode) to make your camera capture exactly what you see and want. F-stops, exposure, white balance will become your new friends
No question is a silly question-
'What do all these buttons on my camera really mean?' , 'How do I get those out of focus, blurred backgrounds?', 'What lens do I need on my vacation?', ‘ISO, what in the world is that?'
2. ARTISTIC INSIGHTS DISCUSSION: How to instantly infuse magic into your perfectly exposed pics
- > Finding and harnessing the best LIGHT, and how to make your photos ah-mazing, regardless the conditions ( location, time of the day, season, and the weather)
-> Capturing candid moments versus posed situations - how to approach and creatively execute the timeless images in both cases
-> How to instantly give your images the creative 'edge' with simple tricks and utilizing found ‘props’ you’d never think of
-> Black & white versus color, when, how, where and why
-> Finding visual poetry in mundane places - how to make any environment an instant photo backdrop that will make your images 'pop'
-> No more ‘say cheese’ ever again! Learn how to get genuine and relaxed expressions from your subjects, and show the most flattering side of everyone, so they squeal with delight : )
3. INTRODUCTION TO POST PRODUCTION: The art of taking the good shot to that 'next level'. Why settle at 'good enough' when your photos can be fantastic?
-> Image processing software introduction, including Lightroom and Photoshop
-> Introduction to actions and filters
4. PLUS SOME BONUS KNOWLEDGE:
- The ART OF A SELFIE & how to utilize your smart phone to create creative, flattering and unique portraits
- How to pose to instantly appear 10 pounds lighter, what colours photograph best, and why you should de-friend your mineral makeup for camera appearances
- And finally 10 EMBARASSING ‘NEWBIE’ MISTAKES will be revealed to you, so you’ll never make them again
WHAT TO BRING:
A digital DSLR camera, if you own one. You are welcome to use one of my cameras, too. Bring your phone, notebook, and pen.
Beverages and yummy lunch will be provided. Handouts will be on hand.
AS A SPECIAL BONUS, we will have a follow up meeting at a cafe at 9:30 am on January 30th, to review your progress, and to answer all the remaining questions!
This workshop is limited to 8 participants, lock in your spot NOW !
Location - Old City Krakow - details TBA.
Investment: $ 245.00 (875.00 PLN, early bird, sign up till Dec. 25), $ 275.00 (999.00 PLN after December 25).